Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 10: Interview w/ Ms. Carol Furtado

Today I went back to the Head Office after 3 days in the branch. In the morning I went over manuals and presentations about Individual Housing Loans and Individual Business Loans. In order to qualify for these loans, the borrowers must have been part of Ujjivan for 2 years, must have a working business/actual house, and must be trust worthy credit wise. These individual loans can range from 50k - 100k (rupees), which is much more than the group loan range (6k - 50k). I went through the step-by-step process and procedure in clients secure these loans including house/business visits, business/house plan, credit background checks, and so on. In the afternoon I talked to the COO of the South Branch, Ms. Carol Furtado. I asked her detailed questions about the 2011 MFI crisis such as its effect on Ujjivan, effect on customers, what expenses did they cut, what she thought of the new regulations, and so forth. Her responses where in depth, and will be very beneficial to my research. I also talked to the head of finance and she gave me more inside on alternate source of funding during the crisis such as securitization loans and non-convertiable debentures. Tomorrow, I will begin my research. This photo is of the front door into the head office.

No comments:

Post a Comment