Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 1: First Day

Today was the first day of my internship. Not wanting to be late, my uncle and I arrived 30 minutes early. Around 9 am, my project manager, Praneeta, came in and introduced herself. Then, I met the founder and CEO of Ujjivan, Samit Ghosh. A very nice gentleman, he helped set up my internship and my plan for the next seven weeks. This week, excluding today, I will be at one of the branches watching the Micro-Finance Institution (MFI) at work. I am  there only to observe, as doing so will help me understand more about micro-finance and how it works. Today, I read through many of the training manuals and Power Points, soaking in the information and the million acronyms they use. I learned about the different loans, their emphasis on group work and women, how they implement their loaning system, and the many responsibilities of the employees. The picture below is of the Ujjivan headquarters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment