Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 6: Back at the Head Office

Today I was back at the head office to go through a formal orientation as well as meet the other interns. They include a rising senior (like myself) named Rohin, who is from Hartford, Connecticut, and a first-year college student at a UK university named Urvi. There was also a rising junior from Bangalore named Vaibhav, who incidentally goes to the same school as my cousins and whose father helped secure my internship at Ujjivan. Our formal orientation took about two hours, as we went into depth about Ujjivan: its mission, history, resolve, products, services, future, and uniqueness. We learned about its growth from pilot to aggressive growth to post-crisis (2010 Andra-Pradesh Crisis). We also learned about its different types of loans, its target population (urban clients), and its plans for expansion. In the afternoon, Praneeta discussed my formal report for the company. I asked her if I could write about the effects the 2010 crisis had on Ujjivan, and she approved my proposal. Tomorrow, I will accompany her to the branch to interview clients about how they use their bank accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment